New Minecarts in 0.14.0. That means new Minecart options are being added in the 0.14.0 update. You will now be able to add TNT, Furnaces, Hoppers, and Chests into the Minecarts. This will allow for better transport, automatic systems, and many other fun features in Minecraft Pocket Edition. Minecraft PE is getting closer and closer to the PC version with these updates, and the community is ecstatic.
What are the new Minecarts in 0.14.0
The full list of new Minecarts:
– Minecart with Hopper
– Minecart with Furnace
– Minecart with Chest
– Minecart with TNT
What are Minecarts?
A Minecart is an entity that is able to carry the player or a mob or something along Railsor Powered Rails.
- 5 Iron Ingots => 1 Minecart
- 1 Chest + 1 Minecart => 1 Minecart with Chest
- 1 TNT + 1 Minecart => 1 Minecart with TNT
- 1 Hopper + 1 Minecart => 1 Minecart with Hopper
- 1 Furnace + 1 Minecart => 1 Minecart with Furnace
When the player places a Minecart, the player will need to press and hold or tap the ‘ride’ button while next to the cart to get on it and tap the Jump button to get out of the cart. A mob may want to ride on the cart, or a player can force a Mob to get on. That mob has to be near the cart to be forced in it, but there’s no way to force that mob out of the cart. The only way to make the Mob leave the cart is to break or tap the cart.
There are certain mobs that cannot ride Minecarts:
- Slimes that aren’t small
- Magma Cubes
How to break a Minecart?
There are 5 ways to break a minecart:
- Touch it (Creative)
- Tapping it 3 times with any tool (Survival)
- Firing a fully charged Arrow at it (Survival)
- Hitting it with a Sword (Survival)
- Punching it till it breaks (Survival)
Interesting facts about Minecart
- Hitting it with anything other than a sword Survival will shake it, but not break.
- Hit it with a Sword, and it will break instantly.
- If rails are slanting downward they will speed up the Minecart. This is logical gravity. Like wise, if it goes uphill, it will slow down, and fall back without the proper momentum.
- However, this does not apply to Powered Rails.
- If a Minecart goes to the water with a mob inside, the mob will be forced underwater and will drown because mobs just love their Minecart to death.
- Sometimes, the Minecart automatically moves instead of staying still when the player sits in it.
- Placing a Minecart on a powered Activator Rail will leave it shaking forever, and you cannot ride it.
- If the player rides Minecart onto a Powered Rail without it being powered by Redstone, it will stop.
- If a Minecart with TNT pass on an Activator Rail, it will ignite the TNT.
- If a Minecart with Hopper stop on a Chest, it will drop its items into the chest.
- Minecart with Chest can be found in Abandoned Mineshafts as part of the new minecarts in 0.14.0.